Commercial Lines Account Manager with Pay-Go Workers Compensation Experience
E-COMP, A Division of Granite Insurance Brokers is an independent agency that is looking for an Account Manager that is experienced working with small to mid-sized clients to join our team. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a book of business, for generating new business by account rounding and will be assisting with customer retention. This person will work collaboratively with Account Managers and our Sales Specialists to service, develop and retain consultative, partnership relationships with clients and prospects.
E-COMP is headquartered in California, and is a leader in providing the pay-as-you-go workers’ compensation solution to policyholders throughout the country. E-COMP integrates a company’s workers’ compensation premium payments directly with their payroll, providing an integrated workers’ compensation insurance solution. E-COMP’s channel partners are able to offer their customers the ability to eliminate the upfront deposit and to pay their premiums based on actual payroll. E-COMP leverages their unique technology to receive a company’s payroll data to calculate premiums, which improves accuracy and minimizes the financial exposure to a workers’ compensation audit. E-COMP prides itself on designing and implementing better ways to leverage technology that best serves our partners and customers through a payroll partner driven strategy.
E-COMP’s insurance professionals take care of the shopping for its partners and its customers, by working with over 24 pay-go insurance companies and 30 P & C carriers. From Main Street to Industrial Avenue, E-COMP gets coverage placed for risks including tough exposures like cannabis, construction, bars, roofers and environmental exposures. E-COMP is widely recognized for its service excellence, superior integrity, and for removing the pain of securing workers’ compensation by providing a superior and seamless solution to the payroll industry and our policyholders.
About the Position
The E-COMP Account Manager candidate needs to be a self-starter, well organized, highly detailed, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as having a solid commercial lines and workers’ compensation insurance knowledge base and property & casualty licensed. This is a work from home position. The Account Manager serves as the primary contact and liaison with small commercial lines clients; ensures ongoing consistency as well as managing the day-to-day servicing, renewals, focuses on renewal retention and places new business. Our commitment is to provide positive and quality customer service in all areas, ensuring timely delivery, and accuracy of work/service provided.
You’ll collaborate with team members in sales, operations, and account management on a regular basis. Key elements of this position include:
- Service and manage all aspects for small to mid-sized commercial clients and their policies with excellent customer service
- Maintain and continue to develop client and company business relationships
- Retain and manage all policies
- Actively work with existing clients to ensure coverage adequacy
- Answer coverage questions
- Promote growth and retention of existing book through account rounding
- Market when necessary, on renewal and new business
- Inform, educate, and make recommendations to clients about policy coverages, changes, exclusions, and insurance coverage needs
- Stay abreast and maintain detailed knowledge of current market conditions and technical knowledge
- Maintain knowledge / understanding of technology-based tools and solutions
- Use analytical and critical thinking in work processes and communication skills
- Maintain a paperless workflow, protect confidentiality of information
- Work with adjusters to answer workers’ compensation claims questions
- Document and update agency management system using Applied EPIC and Agency’s propriety pay-go software
- Provide back up for co-workers within the department, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- 3-5+ years working in insurance customer service
- Active Property & Casualty insurance license
- Knowledge of insurance coverage products
- Excellent knowledge of and effective negotiation skills with insurance carriers and customers
- Ability to provide first class service to assigned accounts
- Ability to identify exposures and provide solutions
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form with clients, insurance company personnel and other vendor and third parties
- Experience using a variety of software platforms. Applied EPIC experience a plus.
- Confident and works with a positive “can do” attitude within a fast-paced environment and you have the ability to multi-task, prioritizing demands and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to details and a drive to do what it takes to keep your customers happy
- Personal standard for excellence: a proven track record of demonstrated capacity to produce work with few/no errors
- Customer focused; ability to service with a smile service and resolve the occasional customer issues with ease
- Embrace change and have a strong process orientation and interest in finding better ways to do things
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Work from home, attend meetings as required
- Minimum internet speed of 8 mbps download and 3 mbps upload; no satellite
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequent sitting, video calls, team meetings
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand, use of telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, Granite Insurance Brokers will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Granite/E-COMP colleagues and clients and with external organizations
- Promotes Culture of Respect & Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety and respect; communicates concerns; uses and promotes safe respectful behaviors based on training and lessons learned
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable Granite Insurance Brokers policies and procedures
Compensation Plan & Employee Benefits
- Competitive compensation $50k to $70k depending on experience
- Retirement/Profit Sharing Plan – 5% of annual compensation is paid into the plan
- 10 Company-paid holidays, 10 PTO Days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- $250,000 life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If you’re ready to take a leap forward in your career, please respond directly to this ad with your resume and cover letter with compensation requirements to be considered.
Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for Commercial Lines Account Manager with Pay-Go Workers’ Compensation Experience Position will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! All inquiries will be kept confidential
To learn more about E-COMP: www.ecompnow.com